Thursday, January 7, 2021

SLJ - Float your boat/ Step it up

 L.I: See which boat can hold the most stones.

Today I tried the step it up challenge and it kinda did alright. I think I did a pretty good job but I should have used a bigger container but I can tell u that both of them floated well. So I made a canoe and a square boat. I had to see which boat can hold the most stones and the canoe won. The canoe held the stones really well but when I put stones inside the square boat it made a hole at the bottom of it. This was challenging because I made a canoe but I accidentally ripped it so I had to start again but my second canoe came out way better then my first one. I think the square boat was a bit unstable because I couldn't fold it properly but I managed to fold most of the parts. I really enjoyed this challenge because it was hard but I still managed to get it done.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Heavenly, Elle here from SLJ.

    Well done for stepping it up and doing a great job on the Float Your Boat activity!

    I think it is so awesome that you’ve included such a descriptive recount of your experience and a photo of the floating boats. You managed to balance lots of rocks in your paper canoes - ka pai!

    It must have been frustrating when one of your canoes ripped, but it must have felt like such an accomplishment when you remade it and it turned out even better! What was your favourite part about testing your boats? My brothers and I used to make paper boats and race them down the creek by our house to see who’s creation was more durable! It was great fun.

    Keep up the great blogging Heavenly and I look forward to seeing what you post next!

    Mā te wā
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle,

      I really appreciate you commenting on my blog post.
      My favourite part about doing this challenge was making both of the boats because it was loads of fun and I experienced remaking one of them.

      Thank you for your feedback.

      Heavenly

      Delete