Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sunflower painting

 L.I: To paint a still life of sunflowers in the style of Vincent Van Gogh

                         

In LS2 I painted some sunflowers drawn by Vincent van Gogh. Advice that I learnt about drawing is "Draw what you See". As I was painting I had to use up all the available space on the paper. The painting colours we used were yellow, copper, mustard and black. I didn't just have to paint it all on but I did have to blend and mix them together so that we can have different shades of colours. An important thing I learnt about painting is to not overload your brush with paint and you have to paint on the edges to make it sharp enough to see. I enjoyed painting the sunflowers because I got to draw, paint and learn about different things.



No comments:

Post a Comment